Image and gesture. Expression in thought and behaviour.
The form of expression, as much at the individual level as well as at the socio-political and artistic behaviour levels, is of vital importance, not only when it comes to influencing the interlocutor (forms of communication), but also in the analysis of the speaker / sender’s expression of intentions and of the receiver / consumer’s emotions, and even as a manifestation of a mental universe and a cultural background, a Weltanschauung, a worldview, interpretations and reinterpretations of reality which include the human being.
Gesture and image establish the artist’s personal stamp and are the marks of authorship. It is that which makes each work totally irreplaceable- the stamp of individuality. On the other hand, there are also dialogues with those who receive these artistic forms, generating mediations, rethinking identities and provoking cultural ‘hybridizations.
Some of the aspects to be analysed at the congress in relation to this topic are:
- Gesture and symbolism in the arts.
- Style and gesture. Gestural image and artistic expression.
- Individualism in the arts and modern thinking. The novelty and authorship. The origin of the work, what do we understand by creativity and novelty?
- Gesture and Expressionism. Academy and Romanticism in the world of creation. The limits of the artistic. Is everything art? Art and the arts.
- Gesture as a manifestation of individual and political will. Expression and manipulation. «Degenerate art» and historical manifestations: art and power.
- Gesture as a form. Is there an individual form? Formalism and rationalism in artistic and social expression.